Members of The North East Academy for Chief Executives, Directors Forum 11 enjoyed a Coaching Skills workshop delivered by Matt Somers (www.mattsomers.com). Matt utilised pragmatic exercises, models and structured checklists to deliver a practical, experiential learning session. All delegates felt that the techniques learnt had enhanced their own coaching style and would help to motivate and improve team performance within their organisation.
Learning points included:-
- A checklist of leading ‘open questions’ to help you be a more effective coach,
- Useful techniques to help in the role of coaching,
- A better structured approach to 1 to 1 coaching sessions
- Greater understanding of motivation techniques and therefore more able to realise team’s potential,
- Useful models to provide structured approach to coaching,
- Techniques to improve coaching style,
- A clearer understanding of the relationship between performance, learning and enjoyment- you need for all 3!
- “The coaching ‘open questions’ provided will be most useful with my team”
- “I found the session very useful in my role to build on the organisations coaching”
- “I will be more effective in 1 to 1′s”
- “I am more aware and open to people’s potential and motivation possibilities”
- “Useful models to provide structured approach to coaching”
“I will now be able to improve my own coaching style”
- “Now have a clear understanding of the relationship between performance, learning and enjoyment- and the need for all 3″
Peter Sutcliffe is Joint Chairman with Karen Humble for The Academy for Chief Executives North East Directors Forum 11. To find out more about this peer group learning forum for business leaders, visit www.chiefexecutive.com/DF11.
Good business leaders, like you, often feel very alone. Running a business is tough. Key decision making, company direction, clarity of strategy, personal development; it’s a huge responsibility and it’s entirely yours. Little wonder you’re sometimes sleepless in the small hours or struggling to answer those really big questions.
Who can you turn to for totally impartial advice?
The above is an example of the type speaker session you could experience every month as a member of The Academy for Chief Executives. Find out more about our peer group learning organisation for CEOs, MDs and business leaders at www.chiefexecutive.com.